Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Unplanned Adventure

Brother had testing today so when Mom had to go picks him up I says hey Mom can I go too???

She said well okay cause we will be real quick and it shouldn't stress you out.
(little fact I get stressed waiting fur brother cause I miss him soo much!)

Well on the way there a cop passed us wif his lights on. Mom thought he was after a guy a couple cars in front of us...but nope he scooted right past him too...hmmm we thought.

We got to the school and pulled in to a nice spot in front of the pond.

I started getting nice and comfy so I could do some bird watching while we waited. No fat jokes I am on the prednisone fur my itchies at the moment and I am bloated BAD ;)


Then....


5 bazillion cop cars went flying by...
Then the bell rang and no brother...
Then we saw a couple of people outside talking to a cop...
Mom was like this isn't good :(
That is when we realized the school was on lock down...

Doh
Insert panic mode here.

I started panting like crazy even though the ishkindeer was on. Mom told me it was gonna be fine and that brother would be out soon.

While we waited Mom went of the book of faces to find out what was going on. Seems some guy went a nutso and hurt some real nice people and they didn't know fur sure where he was but they thought they had him cornered.

Mom was very sad fur those he hurt. She reassured me all would be okay and they would get him and brother would be out soon.

After about 30 minutes of waiting I telled her I was gonna go in the back seat to see if I could find something to eat cause I was gonna starves to death. Mom said not to worry cause she always keeps some yummy granola bars fur emergencies like this.



Then she made me a water bowl with the cup holder in the back seat. That Mom is a genius I tell ya!


After a while my Uncle who works at the school came out and let us know it might be a while so we might need to go home and he would just bring Bub home later or we could come back when the lock down was over.

Well....we tried to go home and it was blocked both ways....

Ruh Roh..now what MOM!!

So back to the parking lot where we waited for a bazillion hours...

We listened to some nice music...
Texted...
Looked at some more book of faces...
Called Gram & Pap...
Checked the news....

I was getting super duper tired and since I wanted to be close to Mom I moved back up front and she reclined the seat fur me.


I got all comfy and then


Zzzzzzzz


Finally Uncle Josh brought brother to us and all was right in the world and we were able to go home cause the road wasn't blocked anymore...

Mom says she doesn't know if I will be going to pick up brother anymore.

Over & Out,
Matt

**
Please say a prayer for those hurt today in our community. So very sad the violence in this world we live in.





12 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness so scary. Saying lots of hugs for every buddy. Mom goes to lots of trainings for those situations
    Love & Peas,
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness me that was about the scariest story I've heard in a long time. I know you and your mom were worried to bits..but HOLY MOLEY a drinking bowl out of a cup holder was brilliant. Your mom is a keeper.
    Thank goodness everyone is home where they should be
    Hugs madi and mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a scary afternoon, we did real well passing the time until your brother came out...We are sending lots of POTP for all those effected!!
    Hugs!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMD OMD OMD MATT.... we are sooooooo sorry that this all happened to YOU and to the Kidlets and their parents... and Especially to the peeps that were injured by some Whackadoodle. We are glad that YOU and Bub and your mom made it home safe and sound.
    We surely do know about the ILL EFFECTS of that Eat More... Drink More... PEE More.. Prednisone stuffs... butt it DOES help with thingys....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, what a scary day. We are very happy your brother is OK. We will pray for those hurt. You all showed great ingenuity while you were stuck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How VERY Scary - DAd always worries about Mom when things bad happen, though Mom explains she's only there AFTER it's over with. Still we worry - we are so glad you are safe and hope brother is better soon.

    Abby Lab

    ReplyDelete
  7. How very scary, prayers for those that were hurt
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crikey ....... how scary was that?? AND how brilliant is your Momma?? You got treats so you didn't starve to death and water in a, VERY SPECIAL, bowl. I'd have died. My Mum would never have thought of that!! I'll say a special prayer for all those poor people that were harmed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMD what a frightening worry time fur you and Mom.
    Well done Mom for the improvisations, what a clever Mom!
    We will be thinking of all those peeps hurt, unusually it didn't make the news over here
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMC! What an adventure...and not the good kind. We purr for all those affected by this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my you had to be terrified! We are so sorry about those hurt but thank goodness you and your family are ok! DakotasDen

    ReplyDelete