Monday, July 6, 2015

Fourth Of July Weekend Wrap Up

Friday we helped Daddy get the yard ready for Saturday!

IMG_9040

Matt snoopervised & made sure the lizards were all in check.

DSCN0381IMG_9054IMG_9057

And I made sure the pool was clean with Mom. Winking smile

DSCN0373DSCN0388

Tilda of course was on house duty.

IMG_9071

After we were all done I was minding my own business inspecting Dad’s yard work and this wasp attacked my foot… Dratsss

IMG_9061

Mom quick got me some Benadryl and a cold pack. I am much better now but wait til I gets my hands on that stinkin’ wasp!!

Dog face

On the fourth I was up early to help Mom decorate. Look at the cute banner she made fur us.

IMG_9082

It was the best day ever. Dad Grilled yummy hot dogs and hamburgers and also made a pulled pork. All our family came over and brought lots of yummy stuff too.

IMG_9092

I sat close to Pap & Mom during Dinner. They shared some hamburger & hot dog with me and Matt.

IMG_9097IMG_9096

Matt was hiding in his fort during all this cause a big storm swept through during dinner and we had to eat by lantern for a little while.

IMG_9099

After it finally stopped raining the boys went for a swim and Tilda snoopervised as life guard. I wonder how that would work since she hates swimming BOL!

IMG_9116

Then it was time for dessert! Mom made this yummy carrot cake. Aunt Amy was so sweet and shared with us.

IMG_9124IMG_9126

(recipe link on Mom’s blog)

When it was time for fireworks we all went to our usual spots.

Me on my beanbag snoozing. What fireworks I don’t hears them??:

IMG_9160

Tilda holding down the treadmill. She sure does like to exercise!:

IMG_9162

And Matt of course was having a mini melt down cause it sounded like the end of times was upon us:

IMG_9152IMG_9164

Mom stayed inside to comfort him while Brother & Dad were outside watching the festivities.

Matt say’s this is the best kind of fireworks and thinks this is how everyone should do it. On TV & on mute: BOL

IMG_9166

Cat face

Sunday we just did a lot of resting.

I hope you all had a great weekend!!

xoxo, Ginger

14 comments:

  1. I hopes the poor paw gets better soon, what a nasty wasp, Mum calls them the hooligans of the insect world 'cos they's always up fur a fight!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wasp stung you? Oh dear dawg....I sure hope that doesn't hurt too much. It sounds like you had a busy 4th of July weekend. We didn't do much of anything but I did rescue some baby birds!
    Oz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well the nerve of that wasp - who did it think it was going around stinging doggies - we are sending a nice big fly swatter. Sounds like you had a pretty good weekend apart from that and the fireworks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang, such a busy and fun time...except for that pesky wasp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guess we're such a big help. Especially pool duty, BOL
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your day sounds like ours only we had like 20 little loud kids running around like crazy ......we are tired also....stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had an awesome 4th!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor Matt ...hope the fireworks have stopped and he has calmed down!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great weekend! Except for the storm, wasp and fireworks....but hey, Hotdogs, hamburgers, pulled pork and carrot cake. Sounds great to us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a day! our fireworks were not has bad as some years past - and Bailey doesn't hear as well anymore so that helps!
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, hazel & mabel

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am sorry about your paw. It looks like there was lots going on at your place. It looked like lots of fun.


    Ziggy Out!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your poor paw! Good thing mom got you all fixed up quickly. :-) Poor Matt! Fireworks aren't a joyful thing at my house either.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dat nasty wasp! At least ya got some foodables!

    ReplyDelete